Some of the myriad fun facts and figures that will arise during the 2013 FIA Formula One World Championship season…
– This is the 64th FIA Formula One World Championship season.
– Fernando Alonso will race in his 200th Grand Prix in Bahrain. It is also ten years since he became a Grand Prix winner (Hungary 2003).
– Jenson Button is now the most experienced driver on the grid.
– Mark Webber is the oldest driver (Aged 36). He will also start his 200th race in Bahrain.
– Ten years since the team known as Force India last won a Grand Prix (As Jordan, Brazil 2003)
– Sahara Force India’s 5th season as Force India.
– Williams will compete in their 600th Grand Prix at Silverstone.
– Red Bull will compete in their 150th Grand Prix in Bahrain.
– 20 years since Sauber entered Formula One (South Africa 1993)
– Monisha Kaltenborn hopes to be the first female Team Principal to stay at the helm for an entire season.
– This will be the first season with no drivers that competed in the 1990’s on the grid.
– Valtteri Bottas will be Finland’s 9th Formula One driver when he takes to the grid in Melbourne.
– Most British drivers on the grid (4) since 2008 Spanish Grand Prix (Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button, David Coulthard & Anthony Davidson).
– First season with Rolex as official F1 timekeepers.
– First season raced under the 7th Concorde agreement (Ratified in 2012).